Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Pages and Files
Catalytic Designs for Learning Emails
(Add your name.)
K12 Online 2008
MASS Supt Conf
The Story of Learning
Investing Our Wisdom
The Story of Learning
Claiming What We Imagine
David Macaulay: All roads lead to Rome Antics
What could students learn about humanity from this
TED talk by David Macaulay
that you must watch from beginning to end?
Stephanie Pace Marshall
The Power to Transform: Leadership That Brings Learning and Schooling to Life
The Power to Transform Video
"Let's contrast the messages the current learning and schooling story inadvertently sends to our children, with those intentionally sent by the new story. Now imagine sitting down with a child whom you love and telling her a new story." p. 88
The Current Story of Learning Distorts Innate Learning Identity, p. 84
The New Story of Learning Honors Each Child's Unique Learning Identity, p.88
Educators Participating in Web 2.0 Read/Write Web Interaction
1. You are born either smart or not so smart.
1. Your brain can actually grow when it is challenged.
Sharing Resources: Twitter
2. Really smart people are good at all school subjects -- math, science, reading, writing
2. Intelligence is not a single capacity and is not fixed at birth.
Self-Directed Learning: E-Learning
3. Everyone should learn at the same time and in the same way.
3. Schools are currently designed to teach and reward two of your potentials.
Multi-Media Tools: Ustream.tv
4. You can tell how smart or intelligent you are by how well you do on tests (usually standardized and high stakes).
4. Learning is a naturally social and collaborative activity.
Social Networking: Ning
5. Schooling and learning are the same thing.
5. Understanding concepts, pursuing questions that matter to you, and solving meaningful problems are what learning is all about.
Blog Posts and Comment Conversations: Blogging
6. Competition is essential to success.
6. You are a unique learner. There is no one in the world exactly like you.
Asynchronous Learning: Wiki
7. Learning is a solitary activity.
7. We are all works in progress.
New Tools and New Applications ~ Forever Learning: Yugma.com
8. What professionals tell you about your intelligence, learning ability, and learning ability is probably true.
8. The earth and all of life, including each of us, comprise a dynamic learning system.
K12Onlineconference.org: Elluminate ~ When Night Falls
9. Your passion, emotions, intuition and spirit are not welcome or very useful in school.
10. Your goals and dreams are probably unrealistic, and you will likely outgrow them when you get into the real world.
What Happens When Learning is Not a Straight Line?
YouTube: TomTom and Google Maps
YouTube: TomTom GO 720
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"